Coming

Coming
Rebel Heir

12/10/2016

Review: Wind River Rancher

Wind River Rancher Wind River Rancher by Lindsay McKenna
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Publishing date: December 27th

*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley and I'm freely giving my honest review.*

Shay owns a ranch and hires only veterans as help, one day Reese comes to the ranch. Shay and Reese feels a immediate connection but they both have emotional scars from their time in the military, can they find together despite their challenges?

I liked this story very much, the description of Shay and Reese's connection is so vibrant and full of feelings. The build up is very slow and sometimes I get frustrated but when the story ends I feel like this was like it should be.

The writing style take some getting used to but I've read the first book in this series and liked that too so I've experienced the style before. I really like to read the rest of the series as it comes out.

The story has enough dialogues to hold my attention and not get bored, and there are not an overwhelming amount of descriptions of the surroundings, just enough to give me a picture of it using my imagination.

The subject of the book is veterans with PTSD in addition to the love story, and I think it's a important subject which the author seems to have some knowledge about. I feel for those scarred souls who has fought to keep our world safe.

I recommend this book if you're interested in a sweet love story with som important underlying issues. Good 4,5 star reed.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment