Coming

Coming
Rebel Heir

12/22/2016

Review: Emerald Island

Emerald Island Emerald Island by Fiona Blake
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

*I was gifted this ARC from the author and are freely giving my review of it*

This was a 3 star read for me, but it has a lot of potential to be so much more with a
storyline that is very good.
The flow in the story is not there, it feels a little staccato, like the author doesn't have full control over her story. Having in mind that this is a new author I will say it's a decent start.

I liked the characters but they could have been described more vivid to make me picture them in my mind. I really didn't get to know them. I know I often say I don't like unnecessary descriptions but there was lacking descriptions all around and for me that's a big NO.......

The scenes in this story that was supposed to be hot didn't make it to more than lukewarm, the lack of described feeling is the thing that's not making it hot. It was potential in the beginning of one of the scenes but it fizzled out. I need more feelings to be able to really say I was lost in the story.

I have to get in to the head of the characters to FEEL the story, and that didn't happen.

However the story did have enough dialogues to hold my interest and that's a big star in my book.

I feel like I only said negative things about this book but I did find it intriguing to read because I could see the potential throughout the whole story. I was actually sad to have to give it only 3 stars, but I'm nothing if not honest in my reviews.
And truthfully (again), this is just my opinion and for others it can be another sort of experience to read this story.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment