Coming

Coming
Rebel Heir

9/04/2016

Review: The Deeper He Hurts

The Deeper He Hurts The Deeper He Hurts by Lynda Aicher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for the purpose of an honest review*

Dark and beautiful!

The second book in Kick series and I started in the wrong end because I've read the third already. But it can be read as a standalone so here we go.........
Oh, and get your handkerchief out because there will be tears!

Sawyer is temporary employed at Kick adventures for two months. The main reason he accepted the employment is his interest in Asher, one of the owners.

This was a dark story but as usual full of feelings. I cried for Sawyer and all his cravings and I loved Asher and his harsh but tender affection.
Sawyer is scared both on the inside and on the outside, he carries so much of his past with him that's revealed throughout the story.
Asher have his own personal struggles to deal with and their both drawn to each other even if they don't want to.

The authors colourful writing is something that draws me in to the story and I've filled my copy with notes. Some of the sentences pops out and reach in to my soul:

{“I thought you liked pain,” Sawyer mumbled in an attempt to deflect. He didn’t have it in him to pull away, but he could still throw barbs. “What do you think I’m holding?” The whispered question fluttered down his neck and burned into his already aching heart. My pain. Warmth spread in a jumble of angry defiance and longing he couldn’t acknowledge.}

This book is not for fragile souls so if you can't take brutal honesty, raw emotions and actions you should leave it alone.
But if you are can see trough the darkness and find the light and the beautiful things in there, you should absolutely read this book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment