Coming

Coming
Rebel Heir

7/05/2017

Review: The First Taste

The First Taste The First Taste by Jessica Hawkins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

One of my favourites


Andrew is a single father who avoids more than one night stands but when he meats his sisters boss Amelia things changes. Can he get over his ex leaving without a word, and can Amelia get over her fear of being betrayed again like her ex husband did to her?

This is probably one of my favourites now, it was wonderfully sweet but also raw and filled with emotional struggles.

I loved how the author made the characters talk about their fears and losses to each other in a way that seemed natural but challenging for them. All the feelings they try to suppress and can't contain is bubbling up in the story.

The storyline is great and the build up is at a perfect pace in my opinion. The chemistry between Amelie and Andrew is undeniable.

There are lots of dialogues and no unnecessary descriptions of surroundings so for me this was the nearest to perfection I come. Add in that the voices reading was excellent (I alternated between reading and listening)

This is a story about two people afraid to take chances because of their past but they discover that good things come when you take a chance.

Undeniable 5 stars ✨

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment