Coming

Coming
Rebel Heir

11/29/2016

Review: The Farther He Runs

The Farther He Runs The Farther He Runs by Lynda Aicher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Publishing date: December 6th

*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley and I'm freely giving my honest review.*

This is the third book in the Kick series and I haven't read the previous books but this can easily be read as a standalone.

Finn was injured in an accident that killed his friend Chris and now their friend Tanner is visiting to say goodbye to their mutual friend. The three friend has served in the military together and have a close bound.

In many ways I find the writing chaotic in the beginning but after a while I got used to it and it grew on me. It's leaving me with a lot feelings and the honest description of the characters are very liberating to read.

I can sense the feelings between Finn and Tanner from the beginning of the book and the building up to they acknowledge their love to each other is beautiful written.

The author is describing the challenges they have with family in a distended way but still you can understand all the troubles Finn goes trough because his family discarded him when he came out and how it eats at Tanner hiding his sexuality from his family.

I loved this book and I'm definitely going to read the others in this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment