Coming

Coming
Rebel Heir

8/30/2016

Review: The Secret Art of Forgiveness

The Secret Art of Forgiveness The Secret Art of Forgiveness by Louisa George
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for the purpose of an honest review.*

Emily is going home to England to look after her stepfather that is demented while her stepsisters are visiting their mother. It's a weird homecoming after she run away so many years ago when so much happened.

This is a story about how things are not always what they look like and you always have to be true to yourself to have a healthy relationship with others.

I liked this book very much, it was a refreshing story written in a way that made it easy to read but still got the more serious topic of the book out in the open.

The way Emily is described I feel her desperation and anxiety to go back to where she was a failure and left out of the family. The other characters are also described in a way that makes you feel their struggles. I didn't however get the feeling of "living in the book" with them.

Still I didn't finish the book with a feeling of "wow, what a great book" rather then a feeling of "okay, I finished"

Good book and I recommend it if you like light romance with a bit of seriousness to it.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment