Coming

Coming
Rebel Heir

8/31/2016

Review: Eight Seconds

Eight Seconds Eight Seconds by William Davrick
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Publishing date August 31th

*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for the purpose of an honest review.*
Dustin is a bull rider whom can't stay on the bull over his eighth seconds. After nearly killing a man he's forced to see a health counsellor. She seeks help from a colleague when she discovers she's a trigger for Dustin. The colleague unexpectedly is a man who's had a crush on Dustin many years ago.

The story is heartbreaking, sweet, exiting and has a hold on me all the way. It has many turns and surprises through out the book.

It's also giving a look at ethics in working with mental health issues; should one only see things in black and white upon working with people and emotions when ethics concerns. The actions the two colleagues is taking to help Dustin is questionable sometimes. But my feeling is that they do what they do to help even if it's not ethical right all the time.

This book for me was very rooted in reality in so many ways but still has a little fairytale story. It gave me a surprise moment when I discovered the link to the title of the book reading Dustin's story and it made so much sense.

The story is also about abuse and how people react and survives depending on what kind of support they have at the time.
I found the story interesting to read and I would definitely read another book from this author. The writing style is easy to read despite the heavy topic of this book. I disappear in this book so it's well worth 5 stars.
The book describes abuse so if you can't stomach reading about it you shouldn't read this book, but for me it's a reminder of that the world is so much more than my little safe place. We could all need a reminder now and then.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment