Coming

Coming
Rebel Heir

2/21/2017

Review: Sunrise Canyon

Sunrise Canyon Sunrise Canyon by Janet Dailey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Publishing date: February 28th

*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley and I'm freely giving my honest review.*

Kira is a therapist who has suffered many losses in her life. She's taking care of Jake's five year old girl after his wife, Keira's cousin died. They now live on a ranch with Dusty who's Kira's grandfather. Jake didn't come home after ending service but Dusty looks him up and convince him to come home for a while. Jake is suffering from PTSD and is afraid of having the responsibility for a child.

I liked this story of broken hearts and anxiety, maybe because the author did such a good job of describing the struggles Jake have with his PTSD and how Kira supported him.

I thought the storyline was good and the characters are well described with lots of feelings. I felt so much compassion for what all these people have gone through.

The story has more descriptions of surroundings then I normally like but it was just in the beginning and I found it necessary to the story.

This is the first book in a series and I would like to read the rest of them even if it wasn't very hot and steamy. I found it relaxing to read a story that was sweet and romantic and with a HEA.

I recommend this story for anyone that wants to relax and read something sweet but still holds some heavy challenges for the characters.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment