Coming

Coming
Rebel Heir

7/01/2016

Review: The Man on Top of the World

The Man on Top of the World The Man on Top of the World by Vanessa Clark (V.C.)
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for the purpose of an honest review.*
Johnny have a crush on the rockstar in the band his playing drums, but everyone else also has a crush on him. Can he ever be his?

I felt like I was dropped in a dirty movie because it started out with a blow job and I kept on in a sensual writing that made me exited but also embarrassed. I don't know what's with this book, I've read hundreds of books hotter then hell, but this one made me blush. Maybe it's the writing style or the feeling of honesty in the story. Well, it's set to the 70's so I guess I should have expected "peace and love".

I loved how the playfulness between Izzy and Johnny are present but still doesn't take away from the serious subjects in the book. But I'm crying for Johnny halfway through the book.

This book was amazing, frustrating, fun, sad, and a hell of a lot more, but most of all it got me reflecting on life and how different it is for each of us. I've never met a transgender person, I'm living in my little bubble while those characters lives vigorously and fully with all its madness, happiness and sadnesses.

Even with all the frivolity in the 70's they still couldn't openly love each other. Oh, how I cried at the end of the book.

The writing style is so easy and yet the words are so meaningful it blows my mind.
This book, for me it was a adventure of feelings and a roller coaster of happenings. Even if we only can get in to Johnny and his feelings I somehow feel Izzy too because how strong the description of Johnny's feelings are.

At first I both hated and loved the book but when I was finished; I love, love, love this book, though I'm emotionally wrecked.

Release date: August 1, 2016

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment