Coming

Coming
Rebel Heir

3/21/2017

Review: Wind River Cowboy

Wind River Cowboy Wind River Cowboy by Lindsay McKenna
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Publishing date:March 28th

*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley and I'm freely giving my honest review.*

Kira's way of processing her traumatic experiences from her time serving her country is a way that makes sense to me, through drawing and talking, and remembering her friends and the good times they had she manages to see the good in life.
Garret has not processed his experiences and is struggling with showing his emotions afraid to lose control.
Now they have found each other again as the only two survivors of their group after a ambush. Bar C ranch is a place for veterans to work and recover and here they share a house.

This is such a sweet, tender love story containing so much feelings that I cried several times. This author has written a book with powers to wreck me.

The writing style is a little more heavy then I usually like but in this story it works so well because it's needed to get all the emotions out in the open. I feel like I really now the characters when I finished this book.

It had enough dialogues to make me satisfied and there where som fun parts that made me laugh so it not all sad and horrible.

I liked the quiet protection Garret shows for Kira and she is showing her care for him in small ways of getting him to talk and open up.

The book handles PTSD as a very important subject, and the author seems to know what it's about in the way she writes. I find it admirable to write about such a heavy subject.

A wonderful book and I recommend you read the first two books in this series before getting to this one. It can be read as a standalone but there is many references to the other stories so if your curious like me read the 1 and 2 first.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment