Coming

Coming
Rebel Heir

3/27/2017

Review: Hot for the Fireman

Hot for the Fireman Hot for the Fireman by Gina L. Maxwell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*I was gifted this ARC and are freely giving my review of it*

WOW...... this was....wow.....I can't even find words right now to express how much I loved this story......

A one night stand changes everything for Olivia and Erik when they discovers she's suppose to be his therapist. Erik wants more when they meet again and Olivia don't. Will Erik convince her that the night they had could lead to more if they let themselves try?

The storyline was somewhat familiar, but the way the author writes and describes their encounters makes this a special story for me.

The writing style is so intense and describing, not describing surroundings but the feelings and thoughts in the characters. I feel like I'm in the room with them and in their heads and hearts.

I loved the references to old movies and games, so the story made me giggle and nod in recognition.

I think PTSD is a very serious subject to write about and I liked the way it's described with care and consideration. I'm not claiming to know much about PTSD but I still felt that it was described in a way that made me understand more. I was frustrated with Erik when he wanted to withdraw from Olivia to save her from himself, but then again I understand in some ways because of my own experiences with issues I don't want to expose people to.

This was a book for both heart and soul, it spoke to my confused soul, and my heart who still believes in love.

This is a series I would love to follow further. I want to read about all the secondary characters in this story. I bet they have interesting stories.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment