Coming

Coming
Rebel Heir

3/10/2017

Review: Growing Pains

Growing Pains Growing Pains by Cass Lennox
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Publishing date March 20th

*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley and I'm freely giving my honest review.*

I loved this book, Gigi and Brock are awesome but in a realistic way; they have flaws and troubles but they survive.

Gigi is a total diva but still I can't help love him because he had a challenging time growing up and when he moved away he could finally be fully himself. Only now, I feel like he's taking it to fare in som situations.
And Brock, I was so frustrated with him but my goodness did I cry for him halfway through the story. His childhood was not a walk in the sunshine but rather hiding in the shadows.

I liked the way the story kept alternating between the past and the present. Most times I find that irritating but I think it suited the story, because the characters past had coloured their present life in so many ways.

The writing style is easygoing and with lots of dialogues so I couldn't put it away.
And there where som fun parts:
"He moved past them, careful not to brush against Brock in case that somehow released gay rainbows into the air and told Tina they’d been making out and that their ...... had touched."

This is a book I feel like I should have a group of people to discuss with because I have so much to say about it. And I can't say it all in a review without spoiling the story for others.

So I hope someone read it and like it as much as I do, find me on GR and let's discuss:-)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment