Coming

Coming
Rebel Heir

3/08/2017

Review: The Sexy One

The Sexy One The Sexy One by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hot, sweet and fun

I absolutely fell in love with Abby and Simon. They're genuinely good and honest people. This story is uncomplicated and a joyful read.
This author knows how to keep my attention through the story. The writing style is easygoing and fun, straight to the point not a lot of talking around the real subject of matter.
I loved the texts and mails between them, and the phone calls......hotness level 10.....steamy.
Both Simon and Abby's love and devotion to his little girl is so sweet it's almost over the top...almost.....
Of course there's a little bump in the road on the way but it's so small it's insignificant. For the storyline it's good but for Abby it's embarrassing.......I feel her embarrassment and because I could see it coming I cringed just before....
The characters are well described with lots of feelings and when I leave a book thinking "I wish I could know how the rest of their lives turned out" I know I read a good book.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. My novel isn't overly hot (though the first chapter is). Still, I hope you'll find it interesting. I noticed that you occasionally read a book without a lot of sex scenes. I hope mine interests you enough to write a review. I'm pretty sure it will be different than most of the things you've read. :)

    Here’s the blurb:

    Even though she lives hundreds of miles away, when Langston, who dreams of being a chef, meets Cecile, a Juilliard-trained pianist, he is sure that his history of being a sidekick, instead of a love interest, is finally over. Their connection is real and full of potential for a deeper bond, but the obstacles between them turn out to be greater than distance. Can these busy, complicated people be ready for each other at the same time? Does it even matter? Before they can answer these questions, each must do battle with the ultimate demon—fear.

    Told in a witty combination of standard prose, letters, emails, and diary entries, LETTING GO, in the tradition of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's AMERICANAH, is a long-distance love story that also examines race, religion, and the difficult choices we make following our passions. From the Great White North to the streets of New York City to the beaches of Bermuda, LETTING GO is a journey of longing, betrayal, self-discovery and hope you will never forget.

    If you think you might be interested, I can send a pdf, mobi, or epub file.

    Links to Amazon, Goodreads, and Barnes and Noble are below. I have also included samples from the companion CD, which consists of my performances of pieces mentioned in the book, along with readings of passages that refer to them. My novel was published on Createspace, July 4, 2016.

    Here's my bio:

    Maria Thompson Corley is a Canadian pianist (MM, DMA, The Juilliard School) of Jamaican and Bermudian descent, with experience as a college professor, private piano instructor, composer, arranger and voice actor. She has contributed to Broad Street Review since 2008, and also blogs for Huffington Post. Her first novel, Choices, was published by Kensington.

    Thanks!
    Maria
    https://youtu.be/F7X42fibmEQ

    Chopin Fourth Ballade in F Minor, Op. 54
    youtu.be
    Maria Thompson Corley, piano From the CD "Music from the Novel Letting Go" available on iTunes; Dec. 15, 2016 on Amazon and Createspace. "Letting Go: A Novel...


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze-xJz4qcmQ

    An excerpt from the Novel "Letting Go"
    www.youtube.com
    Read by the author. Letting Go by Maria Thompson Corley is available on Createspace, Smashwords, and Amazon. Music from Letting Go, featuring readings and piano ...


    https://www.amazon.com/Letting-Go-Maria-Thompson-Corley/dp/1535044373/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470877840&sr=8-1&keywords=maria+thompson+corley+letting+go

    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/maria+corley+letting+go?_requestid=201988

    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31081165-letting-go?ac=1&from_search=true


    ReplyDelete