Coming

Coming
Rebel Heir

6/15/2017

Review: American Family

American Family American Family by Catherine Marshall-Smith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley and I'm freely giving my honest review.*

Richard and Michael are two men who is recovering alcoholics. They are now in a stable relationship with each other. When they try to get in contact with Richard's daughter who he haven't seen ever, the events and challenges is lining up.

This was a great book, and I loved that even if it was very realistic it had a fairytale ending.

Richard and Michael was portrayed very realistic with flaws and insecurities like every person has more or less of.

The character I liked the least in the beginning was Michael because I thought he seemed a little arrogant, and had some challenges in understanding where Richard's need to see his daughter came from. But after a while I could see that Richard was impulsive and a little selfish at times. However I thought they both made progress to work out their differences and find a middle way. In some ways I find this book to also describe how your life changes when a child enters the picture. And that's something every parent can recognise.

I felt really sorry for Brady because she was in the middle of everything and obviously had some problems fitting in at school already before her father entered the picture.

I liked the writing style because it was straight forward and easy to read. The characters was very well written. The book had a warmth to it.
I thought the storyline was good and after half of the book was read I could not put it down.

A very well written book about the challenges and prejudice people are met with when they don't "fit the right form"


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment