Coming

Coming
Rebel Heir

3/11/2018

Review: Scoring off the Field

About Scoring Off the Field: 

Tennyson Clark is getting a life. First step: quitting her job as assistant to Dominic Anderson, star quarterback for the Washington Warriors, her best friend … and the man she’s been secretly in love with for years. But since the gorgeous, if overprotective playboy has only ever seen her as his BFF, she’s finally ready to relinquish her tattered fantasy and move on. Enter steps two and three: new job and new man.

Football is Dominic's life, and with his contract soon up for renewal, all his focus needs to be on the game. But Tennyson—dependable, logical Tennyson— is making that next to impossible with her mysterious new job and her sudden interest in online dating. He doesn’t do relationships. But the thought of another man touching her sexier-than-hell curves has him suddenly wanting more from his best friend. 

Indulging in hot, dirty, what’s-my-name sex with no strings and lots of benefits is simple, uncomplicated…until it’s not.

My review:

Scoring off the Field Scoring off the Field by Naima Simone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley and I'm freely giving my honest review.*

A story about two friends who found each other in the foster care system when they where children. Now their grown up and Tennyson wants to create a life on her own, away from her best friend Dominic who she’s been in love with forever.

Here’s what I like about this story
* No unnecessary descriptions of surroundings
* A lot of dialogues
* Okay storyline
* Good characters descriptions
* Emotional, hot and sweet love scenes
* At times there were some very witty comments and sentences that made me laugh
* It was also bits that made me tear up and feel emotional
* The connection between the main characters was very clear from the beginning

However, what I didn’t like was that the descriptions of Dominic in the beginning. It made me think he was a douche but his reasons (as weird as they seemed in my eyes) for his behaviour was revealed at the end.

Good 4 star read if you’re looking for easy, fun, hot and sweet romance with HEA.

This is book 2 in a series but can be read as a standalone.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment